Friday, September 11, 2020
Dual Credit Course Info.docx
DUAL CREDITS are courses you can take that allow you to earn both a HIGH SCHOOL and COLLEGE credit. This would be taken in addition to your regular timetable at Twin Lakes. Students take these to get a taste of college life and expectations, AND also to get an extra credit with us. This credit would also count towards a college diploma should you attend college at some point.
I have attached some details about the different delivery models and course descriptions.
Please let Mrs. Pellarin know ASAP if you would like to register you in a particular course.
Hybrid Delivery: courses will alternate between weeks in-person and online. The first class will be in-person then weeks will alternate between online/in-person for the remainder of the semester
Online Delivery: courses will be delivered exclusively online with no in-person classes.
Access to both reliable internet and technology will be necessary for participation in these courses.
A few important notes for semester 1 dual credits:
- Dual credit classes will start the week of September 21, a week later than usual. Courses will be 13 weeks in length, ending the week of December 14.
- Hybrid courses have transportation attached to them, as some in-person classes may happen later in the semester, if possible. Please send in applications for students that can access either the provided transportation or can get to the college on their own, in the event that classes move to some version of in-person.
- Online courses are open to all schools and learning centres and will be completely online for the semester.
- Students will need technology and reliable internet to participate in these courses, regardless of delivery.
- A student learning toolkit is being developed this summer in order to support student learning at college regardless of delivery model. More details at the end of August on that.